Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pre-season is officially done!

Last night we beat a very good Virgin Valley team in Mesquite Nevada to finish our preseason play.
It really was a fun game to watch. Of course hindsight is 20/20. During the game it was easy to get excited and feel like an ulcer is coming on. I was grateful for Cheryl Lyn Farnsworth (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) who called my name as I was down on the floor taking pictures and said, "smile Stacie". It put perspective back into my life!
It also got me to thinking about what "Team" means. Without question we have a great 'team'. The best part about our team is that they are much better people than they are basketball players. That is saying something for sure. Having said that, it broadens the horizon and expands the meaning of 'team'. It expands to coaches, parents, teachers, friends, fans, boosters, past players, neighbors, community and church advisers. (I'm sure I have missed someone) It really is an all encompassing mass of individuals and groups that have created and are apart of our 'team'. Thank You. Thank you all for your investment of time, positive energy, resources etc. Thanks for the 'team effort'! Something special is going on.
Stacie
PS when we were in Richfield I was taking pictures and a man asked me which one was mine. I told him all of them! I think that's how we all feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment