Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pearl Harbor, PIneview Panthers Pre season Prep, predictions and Perspective


As I sit here this morning to update the blog I am pondering and remembering that today is December 7th. Today marks 70 years since "The Day that Will Live In Infamy" as Pres. Roosevelt phrased it.  My photography partner Jarom Schill took this picture last night of the flag. No one asked him to, he did it on his own.  Which brings me a lot of comfort on a day like today. The kid values the flag and loves his country and he's 12. On a day like today when I reflect and give thanks for all that has been done for me and for all of us to have things as good as they are. I also give thanks for kids like Jarom who even notice the flag and want to take a picture of it.  Ensuring that the next generation remembers "Pearl Harbor" and other pivotal days like it, is the key to the preservation of this great country and to the preservation to all that is dear to us.
On Sunday December 7th 2003 my husband coach Shurtliff helped me to realize a dream.  We were at Pearl Harbor to commemorate the anniversary.  My heart still to this day swells with pride and gratitude to my God and to my countrymen and women for their goodness and sacrifices.  I remember the battleship with all hands on deck and at full attention moving silently through the harbor. I remember watching veterans of our country and Japan standing side by side to honor those who lost their lives on that day. I remember the blues angels flying by at the exact moment the Battleship Arizona was hit.  It was powerful and more than moving. So today I remember with you the things that matter.
I with you give thanks for a great group of young men like our team who are good and are striving each day to be better. Most of all we give thanks for men and women who have gone before and given all to ensure the possibility of the opportunity to strive for education and excellence in anything we choose!
I know the guys are down about the loss last night.  But what I love about them is that they keep things in perspective. They are getting better and better and they will learn and persevere.  
  God Bless the Bands of Brothers throughout the ages that have protected and preserved us. God Bless the Band of Brothers we watched last night. God Bless America and God Bless all of you!
Mama Stacie
ps I go with Marv's prediction  that these guys, this team will fly high as they go forward this season and become Region Champs!



Brett Schill get's the jump again!

Morgun at the line shooting 3.
Justin Prisbrey at the line.
Dayce Truman goes up.
Huddle
Logun goes up strong
Dayce under pressure.
Cutest gals ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment